IT Asset Management (ITAM) – Software Asset Management (SAM) and Hardware Asset Management (HAM)
ITAM encompasses both hardware asset management and software asset management. Hardware management revolves around the management of physical assets, such as servers, laptops, PCs, mobile devices, and printers. Software assets include anything like software downloaded directly to a computer, licenses for use of the software, and cloud services.
ITAM as a part of ServiceNow can help organizations overcome risks due to inefficiencies like siloed tools, manual processes, lack of cost visibility, and disintegrated teams. The ServiceNow platform offers a single IT platform with a single architecture and data model to help enterprises perform better.
Software Asset Management (SAM) allows organizations to manage and optimize the purchase, deployment, maintenance, utilization, and appropriate disposal of software applications. This solution provides insights about:
- What software is being owned?
- Is the organization investing in what they need?
- Is the organization using what is being purchased?
This solution enables organizations to:
- Reduce software and cost expenditure.
- Mitigate software asset related risks
- Automate the software management throughout the IT lifecycle.
Hardware Asset Management (HAM) as a part of ServiceNow helps organizations build core asset management capabilities. This solution can help with the following insights:
- What assets are owned vs leased?
- How much cost is being spent on them?
- Where are these assets located?
- Who uses them and how often?
- How are they being configured?
- What value do the assets deliver?
HAM helps businesses to: